Friday, March 26, 2010

AAC&U-Educators Talk High-Impact Practices

To demonstrate the relative ease of posting videos online, I snagged a few of the conference attendees and asked them two questions. (The 8 a.m. (!!!) presentation is titled Igniting Selflessness: Fostering Community in the Classroom and Beyond. My fellow panelists Susan Nuernberg, Doug Heil and Tracy Slagter thought I was joking when I wanted to title the panel discussion Igniting Students.)

1. Since this is the Association of American Colleges and Universities conference on Faculty Roles in High-Impact Practices, I wanted to know what high-impact practices they are practicing.
2. Which teacher has had the greatest impact in their lives.

Tim McGee, Associate Director for Faculty Development, Rider University, Lawrenceville, N.J.


Alma R.Clayton-Pedersen, Vice President, Office of Education and Institutional Renewal and Director of CAN- AAC&U



Fred Schweitzer, Assistant Provost, Dean of Faculty Development, University of Hartford



Sylvia Hurtado, Professor of Higher Education and Organizational Change and Director, Higher Education Research Institute, University of California-Los Angeles



Jeffrey Milem
, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, College of Education, University of Arizona

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was really cool to be recorded and included in Grace's demo of the ease of posting videos online. Then I attended the session that included her presentation, and I felt honored to be associated with an instructor whose work moved me deeply.

    ReplyDelete