Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Postcards from Oman


On Thursday, March 22, I will start my journey to the Middle East at Starbucks on Murdock Street. From there to Green Bay, Boston, London and Muscat, Oman. I believe the entire journey should take about 22 hours, but I will be 9 hours into the future. You do the math. Don't forget to add the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity. For those who are just joining us, I will be going to Oman for a week to do pre-production of a story on the University of Nizwa and its connection to UW Oshkosh. I hope to post short videos and photos using my iPhone and iPad and a cool app that my guys Sean Ruppert and Brian Ledwell in UW Oshkosh Learning Technologies had set up for me. All I know is that after I shoot on iPhone, I hit done, and something magical happens. My videos and photos will appear on the Postcards from Oman page. You can see my first post which will take you into a dark, dark place -- my gear bag. (Thank you, Shawn McAfee for making my beautiful fake postcard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment